Friday, February 5, 2010

Paolo Nutini

A friend of mine recently encouraged me to revisit an artist I had heard, but not been extremely impressed with on my first listen. Paolo Nutini is a 22 year old scottish singer/songwriter who's hit song "New Shoes" got him onto the American charts, while he has had more success in Europe. When I listened again, I heard a quirky voice rasping out catchy tunes that I couldn't ignore. I have been listening to his music non-stop for the past two days, and intend to keep doing so. He currently has two albums available; These Streets and Sunny Side Up.
There is a fearlessness and raw colour to his voice and overall style (including the bizarre music videos) that makes his sound original. In my opinion, this is an example of where music should be going. His music puts me in an immediate good mood, and I highly recommend him to anyone in search of something new to listen to.


This is the song that caught my ear:




And this is just my personal favourite of his:

No comments:

Post a Comment