Sunday, January 24, 2010

The test of time.

It's always interesting to revisit the films that you grew up with years later and see which ones hold up. I grew up with a fairly normal amount of childrens movies, and since I am the oldest, I wasn't exposed to nearly as much as my sister was at a young age. I recently re-watched a few movies that I adored in my childhood and these are the ones that have stood the test of time:

* Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It was my favourite movie for a very long time, and I still enjoy every second of it.

*The Neverending Story. This was my favourite movie before Willy Wonka, and I was surprised how well its held up. Still an excellent adaptation of one of the greatest books ever written.

* The Lion King. There had to be a disney, and this is still my favourite.

* The Land Before Time. Very short, still touching movie.

* Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Not really a kids movie, but had a good run as my favourite movie from the age of about 8 to 11.

*The Princess Bride. Again, a movie for all ages, that will never be dated.

* Any Pixar movie, you're never too old for those.

*Mary Poppins. I am one of the only people I know who watched, and loved this movie as a kid.

3 comments:

  1. Do you find it disturbing that Fight Club and Schindler's List were two childhood movies of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with pretty much any Disney movie! I love watching ones that I haven't watched in years, it makes me remember my childhood. Haha. The love the Lion King and of course Willy Wonka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WILLY WONKA. I'm still enamored with this film. It's moving and entertaining and funny and eye opening all at once. Fanfreakingtastic.

    ReplyDelete