Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Introduction

I have never successfully been able to maintain a top 5 list of anything. Movies, Books, TV shows, Singers, songs, it all changes before I can arrange it in my head. This is only because those are the things I love, I try to take in as many as I can and in that process I fall in love with so many works its almost impossible to keep track. I thought a while ago I should start to get my thoughts down on paper before some new attraction blurs them. I'd like to do a review a day of each movie I've seen. I don't watch much TV, but every now and then something will spark my interest. I don't want to limit this blog to just movie reviews, but that will be the main focus.
I'll give you an attempt at a current top 10 of movies.
1. Pulp Fiction
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
3. A Clockwork Orange
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
5. There Will Be Blood
6. The Big Lebowski
7. City Lights
8. American Beauty
9. O' Brother Where Art Thou?
10. Seven

That was very difficult, and I'm sure upon reflection I will realize some mistakes were made. Most of my heroes come from the filmmaking world. I am a great admirer of directors, and tend to watch a specific directors movies in groups. The Coen Brothers, Quentin Tarantino, Stanley Kubrick, Charlie Chaplin, and Alfred Hitchcock are some personal favourites. The list of actors I admire is too long to even begin here. I will update this blog each time I see a new movie, and review it.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you posted your top 10 here, but I can't help but disagree with a few of your selections.

    I'm not entirely sure if films such as "O Brother Where Art Thou?" and "There Will Be Blood" deserve places alongside "Pulp Fiction" and "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

    I understand it's your opinion and everything, but, in my mind, "Brother" and "Blood" are not even in the same category as many of these films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are in the catagory of my favourites, haha, thats all, these are just some of the movies I like the most, I'm not trying to say they are the best, glad you like some though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad someone realizes how good A Clockwork Orange is.
    This was one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen but in my opinion, the most original.

    I don't think anything will ever come close to the ideas behind the plot in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I disagree with Ronn, and agree with Shane, some of these movies don't seem to be top 10 material but I differ with Shane on the actual movies, for instance American Beauty, Eternal Sunshine, and Clockwork Orange would not be on mine, but then again it's your top 10 and it doesn't matter how much I disagree with it.

    And a side-note to Shane - There Will Be Blood is Paul Thomas Anderson's masterpiece and it's totally worthy of top 10 recognition

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah shane, what is up with that?
    and Go Ronn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its funny, I can never keep a list of my favorite things either because they change so rapidly :)

    ReplyDelete